Recent content by cgriffin12

1. cgriffin12

Solenoid Valve inside cistern on city water

That’s exactly what I need, is there a durability difference between the topaz compact and the topaz differential. I would think the differential version would be more durable but didn’t know if it was worth the added expense, $80 vs $237
  2. cgriffin12

Logistically it is very difficult for me to get to the incoming line in a place to put the solenoid before the tank as near the tank inlet there is a “t” type valve to bypass the tank and allow water to flow at the low pressure into the house in case the electricity goes out. I’m just curious if...
  3. cgriffin12

I would love to put it outside of the tank but the tank is underground and underneath a building so accessing it would be very difficult. Currently there is a float valve inside the tank and I would like to just replace that. I’ve seen some wet rated solenoid valves online but honestly don’t...
  4. cgriffin12

Can someone recommend a 1” solenoid valve or some other better option that will be located inside of the cistern tank and is rated for this wet environment. Also seeking recommendations on a float valve to go with it. My set up is a city water flowing uphill to fill an underground 1,100gal...
  5. cgriffin12

Design for low city water pressure & flow

I am currently trying to get my final few parts together to get the system up and running. My water line coming from the city water supply to the cistern is a roll of 2" CTS poly pipe, I am having trouble finding a fitting to attach the pipe to the tank that will allow me to also attach a float...
  6. cgriffin12

Haha, No soap in the shower, that was a good one. I honestly didn't know what pressure would be good, if 50/70 works good and will give adequate pressure for my second story that is great for me. Which pump option is the most cost effective and will be the most durable? Will I have any issues...
  7. cgriffin12

I'm not sure exactly as i've never had to think about y water pressure, I guess I would like for house #1 to have pressure on the first level which is elevation equal to the tank to be in 70 to 80 range so that my shower heads on the second floor have above 60 also. At house #2 60 psi would be great
  8. cgriffin12

is there a benefit to it were to be located near the water meter?
  9. cgriffin12

cistern was planned to be located adjacent to house #1 due to lack of electricity at water meter
  10. cgriffin12

I am finishing up a new construction home and honestly am lost on where to start in designing a water system for my situation. Any help or advice would be much appreciated as the local plumbers in my area do not seem to deal with pumps, cisterns or any of that due to widely available city water...