Recent content by cccrowe

1. cccrowe

Can I reduce the size of my main vent stack

The only thing that ties into the main stack, above the concrete slab, is the toilet. This is a one bathroom house. The kitchen sink has it's own independent vent. The bathroom sink and tub are also vented separately.
  2. cccrowe

I could reduce the stack from in the concrete floor, I have broken the concrete over the pipes in the first floor, just to verify that they have not broken (1927 house in earthquake country).
  3. cccrowe

The vent stack comes out of the floor underneath a beam that runs the length of the house. There are rarely basements in San Francisco. The first floor is unfinished space/garage, so the stack is not in a wall. The stack rises ~ 7 feet out of the floor, has a 1/4 bend, goes two feet, then a...
  4. cccrowe

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the stack only carries the toilet. However, I found in the plumbing code that the main vent needs to run "undiminished in size" from the building drain to the open air... no it's not getting inspected, but if I want to build out my basement at a later date...
  5. cccrowe

I am currently remodeling a bathroom on the second floor of my house in San Francisco, CA. The previous bathroom had both a shower and bathtub. When I removed the shower, I found that the main vent stack was only partially in the wall (it is a 4 inch stack, and the wall is ony 3 1/2 inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks