Recent content by Captotis99

1. Captotis99

Boiler PRV popping after installing new Autofill valve and expansion tank

I went back to the autofill and played with the adjustment. Apparently the factory preset of 15 PSI was a myth. Was able to get the pressure down to 15 PSI after almost 4 full turns. Problem seems to be solved with system running and supply valve to autofill open pressure seems to be maintaing...
  2. Captotis99

I replaced the ET and the PRV after initially replacing the autofill valve.
  3. Captotis99

The new valve, a Watts 1156F is supposedly preset at 15 PSI. The ET out of the box had 10 PSI in it so I added air up to 13-14 PSI before installing. The house is a Cape with 2 zones.
  4. Captotis99

Initially it was only popping with the fill valve open. Now with the fill valve closed it is dripping after a hot water call finishes. The pressure is lingering between 25-30 PSI. I think my storage tank may be on the way out.
  5. Captotis99

Yesterday I replaced the heavily corroded Autofill valve on my otherwise fine running system. After reopening the supply valve the PRV valve pops. I went to talk to the "pros" at my local plumbing supply house. They pointed me in the direction of replacing the expansion tank and also...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks