Recent content by butleraudio

1. butleraudio

shower mixing valves intentionally restricted?

Kohler SAYS that this valve will do 10 gpm at 45psi, however, my local plumber does not like Kohler valves...says they wear out to fast and are expensive to replace parts. The second issue I can maybe live with. So far, I have not found a 3 handled 1/2" valve (mixT) with that kind of gpm...
  2. butleraudio

Problem solved, I hope. I have purchased a Kohler K-303-K-NA valve and the appropriate handles. This is a three handle 1/2" mix T, 1/4 turn ceramic stems, and push pull diverter. This unit is rated at 10gpm. So we'll see. I will post a follow up once installed. thanks all, butleraudio
  3. butleraudio

I did a re test and here is what I got...should be a bit more accurate: In my existing 1994 bath, with both hot and cold wide open and tank pressure at 65psi: tub fill: aprox 8 gpm shower pipe(no head) aprox 5.8 gpm In my new bath, same conditions: tub...
  4. butleraudio

Thanks for your input "j", If I sell the home, I will bring all items up to code...including the plumbing. It would be highly unlikely that any 1 pex or poly line in my home (except for the 3/4" trunk line) would have any more than 6gpm (most likely 3.5gpm) since both hot and cold were on...
  5. butleraudio

found this paragraph from and KBIS article linked below: "In a tub/shower installation, the diverter between the tub and shower is found after the mixing valve. Currently, tub spouts do not have maximum flow standards; they have minimum flow standards. If the DOE’s new definition is adopted...
  6. butleraudio

Hi All, I am ginahoy's brother. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Let me answer a few issues here.... I did not pull a permit, there is no concern here for anti-scald and/or pressure balancing (I purchased the 3 handle to avoid pressure balancing), and the T is installed correctly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks