Recent content by Buffalobillpatrick

1. Buffalobillpatrick

Honeywell T775R2035 ?

I want the buffer tank to be the boilers only load and its temperature maintained at minimum required. System will draw heat out of the buffer tank as thermostats require heat. When the buffer tank temperature drops below where ODR needs it to be some device must issue a "heat call" to boiler...
  2. Buffalobillpatrick

Honeywell T775R2035 ?

Anyone used one? Looks like a possible way to control a buffer tanks temp. Based on outdoor reset?
  3. Buffalobillpatrick

Indirect tank off propane modcom boiler OR Independent Electric Water Heater

Good job. thanks. Your DIY HX heats a DHW tank from your boiler. For some reason I was thinking about an on-demand deal like they do quite a bit in Europe, where boiler or heat pump heats a tank directly & when any DHW spigot is opened, a pump moves tank hot water through HX which heats only...
  4. Buffalobillpatrick

Going down hill for a gas water heater vent

can't get past inspector here without drop leg.
  5. Buffalobillpatrick

Indirect tank off propane modcom boiler OR Independent Electric Water Heater

spete112, some questions: Have U priced 1.5" copper pipe lately vs an Ebay 120,000 btu flat plate HX? How long is your DIY HX? How many continous GPM at what temperature production? How do U control the the hot DHW flow through the primary side? Pump continuous or sensor based pump control...
  6. Buffalobillpatrick

Replace WH now or wait for new improved one?

Heat pump water heaters cool the space around them, great when U R also running A/C to cool that same space, BAD when U R heating that space.
  7. Buffalobillpatrick

Pumps

U need 2 pumps. One for the system (zone valves) powered from the CH connection & one for the Smart30 Indirect powered from the DHW connection. Both pumps need flow check valves on their outputs as they will be pumping away from each other. Only one or the other will ever be powered, but the 2...
  8. Buffalobillpatrick

TT Prestige Solo 110 Growling/Horn noise SOLVED

Thanks, I have a Solo 60 (many components are the same as 110). I couldn't fix a fog horn sound after ignition when modulating at the minimum fire. (got an E02 error about 10% of time) The fix: now it only fires on high to heat my DHW / Buffer tank. System pulls heat out of tank. E02 errors...
  9. Buffalobillpatrick

Scored a new Vie$$man Vitocell 100B 79 gal Indirect

Burnham RV The Revolution has a built-in bypass that connects the system return to the system supply. Branched into this bypass is the boiler return with it's variable speed injection pump and boiler supply with 10K sensor strapped on. If the boiler supply water temperature is below 150*F, then...
  10. Buffalobillpatrick

From Dana: "It's not considered short cycling unless the boiler's burn time is very short. It's the burn time that counts, since every ignition cycle and flue purge it "throws away" a fixed number of BTUs. If it's burning only 30 seconds and purging for 60 it's an efficiency-disaster."
  11. Buffalobillpatrick

so in my: Thought experiment: You have a CI boiler: 50MBTU which is perfectly matched to house @ design temp. of 0*F 4 zones all 12.5MBTU each. What happens when 1 zone calls for heat @ 50*F outdoor temp. Assume that house don't need heat at or above 65* outdoors. 65* - 50* = 15* outdoor...
  12. Buffalobillpatrick

Description for Taco PC700-2 Designed to improve performance in your hot water heating systems by regulating the supply water temperature of a single boiler based on the outdoor temperature. The control utilizes a heating curve to set the relationship between outdoor temperature and supply water...
  13. Buffalobillpatrick

I googled "boiler cast iron modulating controls" Didn't find squat
  14. Buffalobillpatrick

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Taco-VR15-1-Viridian-High-Efficiency-Circulator-w-1-1-2-Flange-0-027-0-680-HP-110-240V Cheapest is $1800 & they go up from there. Not for me.
  15. Buffalobillpatrick

Thought experiment: You have a CI boiler: 50MBTU which is perfectly matched to house @ design temp. of 0*F 4 zones all 12.5MBTU each. What happens when 1 zone calls for heat @ 50*F outdoor temp.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks