Recent content by BrittanyATX

1. BrittanyATX

Repair or Replace sewer pipes - best method?

It's been a few weeks and I've now gotten multiple quotes for replacing my sewer lines. One thing that differs among the options is that most companies want to tie the new PVC sewer lines into any existing cast iron vent stacks,toilet drains or other existing slab cast iron penetrations by...
  2. BrittanyATX

How to find and fix this leak?

There is no set screw anywhere on the tub spigot
  3. BrittanyATX

I just tested the water coming out of the spout slowly, there didn't appear to be visible leaking, had my friend hold their hand over the the tub spout and after about 15 seconds water started leaking through the mortar bed in 2 areas: the original area, and another area about an inch higher...
  4. BrittanyATX

The leaking is occurring in tub mode. I just turned it to shower mode and it appears it stopped or significantly slowed down, it's quite hard to tell since there was already lots of water on the mortar bed from running it in tub mode. When the shower diverter is on, water still comes out of the...
  5. BrittanyATX

Thank you all. I will tell them that if they need to replace pipe that I want a complete repipe using PVC schedule 40 pipe. Is there anything else I should make sure to specify in the scope of the work?
  6. BrittanyATX

I had this valve installed by a plumber a few months back, I had a suspicion it was leaking from the get go because the bathroom smelled musty but the plumber did a Houdini act anytime he was suppose to come back out to look at it. Well I opened the wall from the other bathroom and the mortar...
  7. BrittanyATX

Well now I'm thoroughly confused, after doing more research, the pipe relining technology where they cure the resin in place inside the pipes all comes with 50 year guarantees from plumbing companies that install it, same for the HDPE/pipe bursting methods.
  8. BrittanyATX

That makes sense on the lining not being a long term fix. I'm definitely going to have pipe replaced then. As for slope issues in the pipes, I'm not having any clogging, but I'm guessing those pipes didn't deteriorate on their own from free flowing water.... Can anyone weigh in on pros/cons and...
  9. BrittanyATX

To start, I will not be DIY'ing this. I'm planning to hire the pros. My house is a 1500 sqft house, built in 1960 with original plumbing (copper supply lines throughout, except the kitchen cold which is galvanized, and cast iron drain lines). House is slab on grade, in Texas with heavy clay...
  10. BrittanyATX

Slow Drip on new valve install - how to resolve?

Hi Terry, The drip is not from the shower head, it is at the tub spigot. The drip occurs if either the hot or cold valve is turned on on the tub, even if the shower portion is not turned on at all and only a bath is run. Is this normal? The drip rate is about one drip per 9 seconds for the...
  11. BrittanyATX

Yes, both the plumber and I knew the install I was requesting does not meet modern code. I told him I wanted to replace the existing 3 valve system with a new 3 valve system to maintain the historic look, and that I knew modern code required a single mixer with an anti scald valve. I asked if he...
  12. BrittanyATX

Hi y'all. This is my first post, so hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum. I had a plumber install a new tub/shower valve in my guest bathroom (Union Brass 531C valve). It is the old style with an individual valve for each the hot and cold side and then a separate center diverter for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks