Recent content by Brad in KC

1. Brad in KC

Stack cleanout as drain

Thanks, HJ ...that's how I'll handle it
  2. Brad in KC

Stack cleanout as drain

I'm remodeling the basement in my 50's ranch. A previous owner (whose work suggests he was something of a butcher) tapped the cleanout at the base of a main soil stack as an unvented drain for a bar sink. I want to maintain the sink and restore the cleanout. Is it acceptable to accomplish...
  3. Brad in KC

rough-in 12" what does that mean?

Should be okay Generally, "rough in" refers to framing dimensions, before finish surfaces are installed. If the wall behind the toilet is drywall, typically 1/2" thick, that would mean the rough in dimension is 12".
  4. Brad in KC

Which holes in weatherhead?

I'm about to install a PVC Weatherhead in preparation for an upgrade to 200 amp service to the house. This two piece service cap has six knockouts. The three closest to the conduit have the advantages of being perfectly sized for the 4/0 4/0 2/0 aluminum entrance conductors and are further...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks