Recent content by BPardy

1. BPardy

Optimizing WM oil boiler + OWB setup, and do I have a leak?

Following up on this one. It looks like I have two leaks. First, one of the two radiant pex loops in the basement garage, and second, minor water seepage from the automatic air bleeding valve just above the boiler. If I close the two valves going to the supply/return for one of the pex loops...
  2. BPardy

Thanks for the idea about the heat exchanger. I wasn't even considering that as a possible leak site, though after turning off my OWB circulators and closing valves that isolate the heat exchanger, then isolating the auto-fill valve, I still noticed a decrease in system pressure down to 10psi...
  3. BPardy

Thank you very much. I will give this a try, I've just tried this, with the system at 15psi and about 192F. After about 8 minutes with the isolating valve off, system pressure dropped to just over 10psi (during which the system cooled by about 10 degrees). I re-opened the valve and within 30...
  4. BPardy

Hi everyone, I'm hoping that you kind folks here can help me out with some suggestions on aquastat (and other) settings on my boiler system. I would like to keep fuel usage down while maintaining boiler life expectancy as much as I can. This house I've lived in for two and a half years has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks