Recent content by Bowl Weevil

1. B

Toto Alternative?

I decided to get a two-piece Toto Entrada. It was $238 at Amazon. Now I need a wax ring. Thanks.
  2. B

Toto Alternative?

One of my Briggs Vacuity toilets is slow, and these terrible toilets are hard to plunge and snake. I want a new toilet. I installed a Toto Drake last year, because Totos are great. I don't want to spend $700 on a guest can, though. Who else makes really good 1-piece toilets and provides...
  3. B

Help With Auto Water Shut Offs

Thanks for the reply. It looks like that will not work. It has to be installed after the shut off valve. My water pipe goes underground after the valve. If I could figure out where the pipe enters the house, maybe I could make it work.
  4. B

Help With Auto Water Shut Offs

I have a well. My well and pump are about 50 feet from my house and at least 100 feet from my wifi router. The pipe supplying water comes from the pump and runs under my driveway to some unknown location where it enters the house. I have two water heaters. One is in a closet in my garage. It...
  5. B

Replacing PVC Toilet Flange: Major Job for Plumber?

Sorry for the slow replies. It's taking a long time for moderator approval. The toilet is installed. The Danco Buck Rogers ring kit I started out with was a total waste of money, and it made it impossible to lower the toilet to the floor, even with all the optional stuff removed. I got rid of...
  6. B

This thing looks promising. I don't think it's thick enough to lift the can off the tile. I could gamble $6 if my repair doesn't work. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-7-in-L-Circle-Round-Stainless-Steel-Ring/50315043
  7. B

Thanks for the help. This is a 4" flange, and it appears to be glued inside the pipe. There are no screws attaching anything to anything. The pipe's top is at or below floor level. I can't see it because the flange sits inside it. I believe that replacing the flange would involve separating...
  8. B

Thanks for the forum. My house came with a couple of awful Briggs Vacuity toilets. I just ripped one out and got a Toto Ultramax. This is in a first-floor bathroom on a concrete slab. The tile is what is known as Cuban tile in Florida. It's 12" square and around 3/8" thick. When I got the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks