Recent content by Boilermaker

1. Boilermaker

Add washer standpipe and vent to existing drains

Thank you. I assume this would be a superior solution to trying to insert a slip fitting substantially further up the pipe so that I might be have enough play to get the Santee in without rubber?
  2. Boilermaker

So, I've decided to go with majority opinion here. Laundry sink tied into the 3" drain on the left with a vent takeoff from the trap arm. One question as I'm in process :) how do I slip the 3x3x1.5" santee into that existing 3"?? I see that the 3" has 1.5" of gluing surface as opposed to 3/4" on...
  3. Boilermaker

I like the idea. Will consider, but thinking that concrete work might not be worth the standpipe vs just sticking with the drainhose to sink as it was before. Definitely worth considering though.
  4. Boilermaker

Ok, so if I'm understanding correctly this would be fine as shown under UPC (assuming vents are 6" above flood for all). Call that option 1. But under IPC, the problem under option 1 is capacity, the lav + standpipe would need 3". If I flip it to the 3" on the right, still venting to the...
  5. Boilermaker

I'd like to install a washer standpipe in this laundry reno, instead of just draining through sink on left. I've drawn one proposal for the standpipe to p-trap, tying into drain under the existing sink drain, with vent tying into the horizontal vent run above. Is this an acceptable setup? Any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks