Recent content by BobbyAinNC

1. B

Bath/shower cartridge identification

I'm calling it done for now. the cross-handle leak doesn't seem to be bothering anything. Back side is dry. No drip when I shut it off. No big box or plumbing supply near here. Even the nearest Lowe's is a 25 mile round trip for me. I might pull the seat if I need to replace the washer again...
  2. B

Apparently, not all seats are created equal. If I knew the brand of the stem/rough in, I could do that. Washer helped so it doesn't drip, but now the hot stem leaks when I turn on the cold water. Probably (age) related. I'm not even sure how old it is. It was either installed in 1975 during...
  3. B

You're correct. Wrong terminology. It's a stem with a seat. Not sure a washer change will do it. Not clear in picture, but there are some chips in the collar around that washer. Off to Lowe's tomorrow. I'm not a plumber either, but if I can't figure it out I'm not to proud to call one. Lol...
  4. B

Hello. New to the forum. DIYer. I have a 3 handle tub/shower. Need to replace the cartridges (I think), but I can't id the rough in or the stems. Pics attached (hope they're not too large to post). Only markings on the valve rough in are an etched "B", what looks like an overlapped "EX" and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks