Recent content by billdz

1. billdz

Toilet bowl not refilling properly, help please

Thanks for the replies, it is working now. The Korky 528 fill valve just needed a quick cleaning. Took about 3 minutes following the instructions at
  2. billdz

Toilet bowl not refilling properly, help please

Hello folks, Could someone explain to me what is happening with my Kohler toilet? When I flush and the water starts to refill, there appears to be some sort of blockage in the incoming water flow. The incoming water starts and stops, like it is being choked and then released. I made a short...
  3. billdz

Lawn sprinkler system keeps losing prime

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm not communicating my question clearly, let me try again. * We know the intake pipe is filled with water all the way up into the pump when the pump is running. * According to DonL, when the pump is turned off, the water is supposed to remain up in the pump * The...
  4. billdz

Anyone have an answer or thought, is there supposed to be water in the intake pipe all the way to the pump and, if yes, where is the water going if the problem is a hole that allows air in but does drip any water? Today the pump again worked properly without priming, so if the problem is an air...
  5. billdz

When the pump is off, is there supposed to be water in the intake pipe all the way to the pump? The check valve is supposed to stop any water from flowing out, right? So where is the water going, if the check valve is OK (it is brand new, but maybe they installed it wrong). There does not...
  6. billdz

I read in another forum that a way to find an air leak is to coat the connections with shaving cream, run the pump unprimed, and then look for suction holes in the shaving cream. I tried this yesterday but did not see any suction holes. However, when I turned on the pump today it worked...
  7. billdz

OK, thanks. It's the fittings on the intake side we are worried about, right? On the intake side, the pump connects to the pipe that runs to the lake. On the discharge side, the pump connects to a Finco 4 zone hydro indexing valve that was replaced 8 months ago. What if the new valve was not...
  8. billdz

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a single pipe from and above ground pump (in the garage) to the lake (in back of house). Sounds like a new pump would not fix the problem. Any ideas on how to find the leak?
  9. billdz

Hi, My lawn sprinkler pump attaches to a pipe that runs into a lake. The end of the pipe is held by a plastic floating duck. If I turn on the pump twice a day, everything is OK. However, if left off for 1 day or longer, the pump loses its prime. I called for service and they replaced the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks