Recent content by BigHornRam

1. BigHornRam

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I would have no trouble purchasing replacement hinges. I would think replacing the O-rings in the valve would solve the leakage problem.
  2. BigHornRam

Toto Soft Close Repair?

Turning attention back to repairing the valves for use, I've been googling like crazy. I'm wondering if the resin from an epoxy could be used without a hardener. The original substance seems to be a rubber or silicon based gel with molasses type stringy consistency. Interestingly when I...
  3. BigHornRam

Toto Soft Close Repair?

Myself I don't mind so much that it wore out, though I do think it was a bit premature but the hinge valve is a self contained unit and can be removed and replaced with a pair of pliars. Grandma could do it. If I end up replacing the seat it will be with a different brand. The reply from Toto...
  4. BigHornRam

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I filled the hinges with vaseline and still is a regular slamming down in the night toilet seat now. This seat is barely 2 years old. IMHO the functionality should be longer than 2 years. We are a low use location also, is just my wife and myself. This seat probably wouldn't last a year with...
  5. BigHornRam

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I got a bottle of 100% veg. glycerine and filled both hinges. It is not as thick as the original material. It didn't fix my seat. I am going to give it more thought but think that grease might be a better choice. Vaseline could be a good choice also.
  6. BigHornRam

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I'm having the same issue with my 2 year old seat. ToTo replied that it must be replaced and cannot be repaired. I'm off to try and find glycerin to refill the hinges. The substance looks like silicone caulk when you squeeze it out of the tube.
  7. BigHornRam

Mortar Glass Block Shower

Thanks for the "focus". That is why I put this post up,
  8. BigHornRam

Point well taken. I am a perfectionist and I would forever look at those tiles and think I should have done it the "right" way.
  9. BigHornRam

I have just returned from my hunt for the corner blocks. I <can> special order them. I am going to mortar the corner, and inlay tile. I'm hoping the tile which I will cut from the stock I'm using on the walls and floor for the shower will "accent" the glass.
  10. BigHornRam

I'm enclosing a corner shower construction with a glass block wall. The wall has 2 angles which will cause the outside mortar joint to be a couple inches across the outside edge of the wall. Is this acceptable to have a big mortar joint like this? Documentation states to make mortar joints...
  11. BigHornRam

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

I did a lot of searching online, reading till I thought my eyes were going to pop out! Thanks to Terry for providing such a great place to learn. After great constipation....errrr I mean concentration I went with an Aquia II. I am very happy with my purchase, the styling is quite nice. I did the...
  12. BigHornRam

Aquia push rods

Day 3 of my new Aquia II dual flush I had to go "fishing" for one of the quarters I placed on the buttons. The quarter technique works great to temporarily lengthen the push rods but if you do this it is a good idea to "stick" the quarter to the button somehow. :rolleyes: As I expected Toto...
  13. BigHornRam

Aquia push rods

Had the same problem on a brand new Aquia II. Put in 2 quarters as this post recommends and it fixed the problem. I'll call toto and have new rods ordered but the quarter fixed the problem for me! https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26814
  14. BigHornRam

Notes from Toto Aquia II Installation

I just installed my first Aquia II and had to loan it 50 cents. Great fix! Thanks.
  15. BigHornRam

Glacier Bay Glacier Bay Dual Flush HET AIO Toilet

Thanks Terry, that's good to know. How much actual water savings can be realized between the Aquia and the other Toto's, for example the Drake. Is it worth the additional money for the dual flush feature and is the Drake Double Cyclone technology clean the bowl better and make up for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks