Recent content by BGM

1. BGM

Shower p trap

Under the Illinois code, the max length for 2" pipe is 4'. http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/07700890ZZ9996aiR.html I found a way that might work for my situation. I would run the vent from the shower drain as shown with 1 1/2" PVC and connect it in the attic to the vent that...
  2. BGM

Shower p trap

Attached is a side view showing the new shower pan. Let's consider the "north" wall to be at the top of my previous sketch. I could run a vent through either the north or east walls. My understanding of the code is that the vent must come off of the waste line at an angle of no more...
  3. BGM

Shower p trap

Sorry, in my previous post I meant to say that per code, a 2" drain should be vented within 4' from the trap, not 5'. So putting the vent on the other side of the wall is not within code either.
  4. BGM

Shower p trap

Attached is a top view of the bathroom I cleaned the drain with an auger and pulled out a bit of hair from it. I ran the auger in about 11', but I still can't really tell if there is a running trap. I feel some resistance, but probably not enough to be a trap. I plan on removing the lid...
  5. BGM

Shower p trap

I'm not sure why it didn't attach...let me try again. Once I've installed the trap, should the opening in the concrete by re-filled in with concrete or an alternate? The opening is currently 12" long x 6" wide.
  6. BGM

Shower p trap

Thanks Redwood, I was afraid that would be the answer. Attached is a .pdf sketch. The sewage ejector pit is vented out through the roof. My concern is not so much breaking up the concrete, but will the outer diameter surface of the PVC pipe that was previously encased in concrete be of...
  7. BGM

Shower p trap

I'm replacing the acrylic shower in my (concrete slab) basement bathroom with a new one. When I removed the old shower base, I found that the water was draining straight down into a 90 degree elbow and then into a straight horizontal run of pipe (PVC) which leads to the sewage ejector pit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks