Recent content by BenDanger

1. BenDanger

Leaking Radiator Elbow at npt thread after 3 tries

It worked without leaks before I took it appart. The leak is definitely coming through the threads. Maybe the are worn. I'm going to the plumbing supply place today to see if I could find another union elbow to replace it with. I'm hoping I can find one that matched the union already in...
  2. BenDanger

No I meant that the leak was at the tapered thread on the bottom of the elbow joining to the pipe coming out of the floor. The union itself is sealing fine without anything on it.
  3. BenDanger

So I recently moved a radiator and I had to re-pipe the existing valve and elbow with new 1-1/2 pipe. I used ptfe pipe dope the first time I installed the original radiator union elbow. After a day I discovered a slow leak. Took it all apart and this time used both pipe tape and pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks