Recent content by barlow96

1. barlow96

new walk in shower project

So now I am at a lost due to the shower tray I was going to order is not available from the company. (they do not have anything in stock larger then 72'' in length). With my shower stall being 99'' in length does anyone know of a shower tray/pan company that offers these in lengths of 80'' or...
  2. barlow96

sorry about the confusion...yeah the pan is only 120 lbs and at 79'' in length i will be able to stand it up on end and slide it into the shower stall. I will be constructing a curb and the glass door will sit on the curb. I will be going with some type of acrylic/plastic/pvc wall panels. To...
  3. barlow96

I am at a lost on what the best option would be for my new walk in shower project. Dimensions are 99'' x 37''. Wife does not want tile anymore so I am looking at getting the below pan (36'' x 79'') and then taking up the rest of the space with a built in bench. Since my shower has a 31'' wide...
  4. barlow96

Water test results in..need help

So I did the water with some bleach in a cup (post filter) and all I got were some very small white flakes in the water. Not sure if you can see it in the photo or not but would this be the hardness in the water??
  5. barlow96

a local lab analyzed my water sample (pace analytical). All the pipes are pex The water sample was taken right from the pressure tank. I’m sure the filter is helping with the actual iron but the IRB sucks. So contact tank followed by GAC filter followed by softener?
  6. barlow96

IRB...it’s one of the main issues with my water
  7. barlow96

Ok. So how should I approach my water issues? Contact chlorination tank followed by water softener? Would I need a GAC filter?
  8. barlow96

Yes it is electric and if I remember correctly they are probably like the size of a frosted flake cereal. There is usually around 1/2 - 3:4 gallons worth once per year
  9. barlow96

Also I forgot to mention that when I drain and clean my hot water heater there is always a bunch of hard white/tan flakes at the bottom. Not sure what that means
  10. barlow96

the photos were taken while at rest....yes the hardline at 38'' rises to the top during the backwash (or at least up to the second layer during backwash)..that should take care of all the figures needed...I am still looking at what options to install...I am thinking a contact tank for Chlorine...
  11. barlow96

ok...so i shined a light at the tank and the level of media was at 37.5'' (photo 2) and it appeared there was some at the top as well, maybe some on the inside walls of the tank (photo 1)..when i started the backwash the media rose to the top of the tank.. the backwash GPM at 60 psi was 12.85...
  12. barlow96

the raw water does not smell like rotten eggs or asphalt/oil...it has a very slight rust smell. the filter tank is almond in color and i will shine a light into it during the backwash and also get the GPM here shortly and post back.
  13. barlow96

10-4. I’ll get that gpm here. Yes I do have that option but I have stopped doing that as there isn’t enough contact time to deal with the IRB.
  14. barlow96

In deterring the backwash gpm, should I set my filter to backwash and determine from there?
  15. barlow96

Your right I was probably thinking of manganese (which I do not have a result for). I have tried to sanitize my well in the past (as per these forums) but it doesn’t rid my well of the IRB (this is my third water test in the last 5 years and every test confirms IRB). The water sample was taken...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks