Recent content by babaji

1. babaji

Trying to work out the wrinkles on my new boiler

Just dug up the snapshot. On the left a completed burn at pump stetting CP II about 9 ft head pressure. On the right the burn at pump stetting CP I about 6 ft head pressure.
  2. babaji

Dana I think the issues for the most part have been resolved in moving the inlet of the expansion tank so that the circulator pumps away from the expansion tank. I had last reported 24 hours after making the modification, that it was better. At 48 hours after the piping change, virtually all...
  3. babaji

Why are you calling it a stupid plan?
  4. babaji

That's the plan the engineer came up with, primary only.
  5. babaji

Hey Dana, Did the check valve first. Flow definitely increased a little according to the digital display. It did not however 'fix' the noisy startup. Yesterday my neighbor came over with his torches and assorted Tees and elbows, and showed me how to solder while I watched him create a...
  6. babaji

Great I will remove the check valve soon. The other pump UPC 15-58 also had this problem grugling / hissing / pingiing plunking noise on startup). I may be crazy but i am wondering if it is getting better with time. Or could it also be weather dependant, (temperature / load dependant) Could...
  7. babaji

Thanks again for your response Dana. Ok using the example of a pump that should be a 9psi boost on the output side, but is actually only putting out 6psi and -3 on the intake does this create a situation where water will boil at a lower temperature ie flash boil in the boiler? Perhaps if it...
  8. babaji

Thanks for taking the time to give your input on this. It is immeasurably helpful to talk this out with you. I may have to take this up with the HVAC guys or the engineer and knowing you agree with me that there is an issue that needs looking at will help strengthen my resolve. No the pump is...
  9. babaji

Hi Dana, I suspect the pumps ability to cope is borderline. Things have improved since i set it to 'Constant pressure mode 3' . It has quieted down a little, but will want to observe it for a while. I do have a recording of the noise i was hearing if you would find that helpful. Yes I agree...
  10. babaji

Hello Dana, To answer the most important question, Babaji, is a nick-name i acquired on a trip many moons ago. I believe the system is pressurized to 15psi, i get this from the pressure gauge located to the right of the expansion tank. It is 15psi at rest and does not waver while the system is...
  11. babaji

Hello Guys, First post , new to this, it's my first boiler. It's heating the radiant heat floor in my 3100 sq-ft warehouse. Simple Primary loop through a 12 port manifold. Boiler is a NTI TFT-110 , had a plan made, contractors stuck to it for the most part. (ended up with an extra loop, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks