Recent content by AZ Contractor

1. AZ Contractor

Bathroom framing question

Depends on how tall your walls are. For 8' and lower, you can add them at 4' for perimeter nailing for horizontal drywall. If you're going vertical with the drywall I would not worry about it. Don't forget to add blocking for tub surrounds, towel hooks, towel racks, TP holders, etc.
  2. AZ Contractor

Bathroom door rough-in

Going to have to use a 28" door with narrow trim.
  3. AZ Contractor

Taping uneven butt joints!

Either tape it first and fill later or shim it from behind and tape flat.
  4. AZ Contractor

Garage door in RO less than door width?

Don't worry about it. Its done that way all the time.
  5. AZ Contractor

Sliding glass door giving me fits

Can you post a picture of it from the inside?
  6. AZ Contractor

Sliding glass door giving me fits

There is typically a bracket that holds it in against the jamb opposite of the pull handle. Do you have a bracket screwed in there? If so, unscrew it and pull the fixed side out. Isn't the center bar part of the stationary side and not an independent securable piece?
  7. AZ Contractor

Different depths of drywall

Or you could shim out the hardibacker with drywall shims.
  8. AZ Contractor

building commission/permit questions

How so? We have drywall screw inspections. Can't proceed with work until the inspector checks out the screws.
  9. AZ Contractor

Gas Pipe Inside Cabinet

No offense. But you shouldn't be messing around with gas. Have a plumber come over and do it the correct way. Faulty workmanship can be catastrophic.
  10. AZ Contractor

AZ drywall bid, How much to bid?

Figure out: How long it will take How much materials are How much labor is How much OH&P you need to charge Add those together and divide the job's total square footage of drywall. Example: Materials $2000 Labor $1500 OH&P $3000 Total $6500 Job square...
  11. AZ Contractor

What would you do?

You are correct. We are not at or even near the botom.
  12. AZ Contractor

framing garage door

A 4x4 has a higher liklelyhood of bowing and twisting. I would use a double jack and pre-drill for the lags.
  13. AZ Contractor

Best "roto Zip"

I have the cordless RotoZip. It works well for smaller applications. I also have the corded Dewalt hole saw. I use it less but it also works well.
  14. AZ Contractor

framing garage door

No. The double 2x4 top plate holds the wall straight. I would use a double jack and a king stud. I never set my tracks on the jacks. I add a 2x6 to the face of the jacks and king stud to receive the tracks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks