Recent content by Asker123

1. Asker123

Whole House filter replacement frequency...

Private Well Filter Size is 20" Length and 4.5" diameter these are called Big Blue. I have not opened the second 5 micron filter but has opened the first filter 2 times. First time, I found some iron kind of debris at bottom of filter shell and color of the filter was Rusty but second time, I...
  2. Asker123

There are two Pressure gauges mounted one on each filter but there is no pressure drop. Indeed the pressure gauge on top of second filter (5 Micron) shows 5 PSI more than the first filter ( Washable pleated 10 Micron) I do not like to Sanitize Well. We are new to Country living and with so much...
  3. Asker123

Hi there, What should be the whole house filter changing frequency? I have a 10 micron pleated Polypropylene washable filter followed by 5 micron Polypropylene Sediment filter( non washable) before my softener. I installed these in Nov 2022 and since then I have opened the pleated filter and...
  4. Asker123

Filter for Septic Pump

Hi there, We are on Septic Tank and Septic field , the pump being in our basement. Septic tank pretty close to house may be 10 feet. Septic field about 100 feet We got our septic tank cleaned yesterday. Guy found that Soild side was normal but he found some sludge in Liquid side as well from...
  5. Asker123

Fleck 5810 Part Numbers

Hi folks, I am trying to buy and keep some spare parts for my Fleck 5810 Valve. As the valve has been discontinued and parts might be difficult to find in future, I thought it will be good to stock on some items. Here is my list. Any comments? Anything to add or remove form these? Thanks in...
  6. Asker123

Using Unions for Septic Pump input and Output

New pump is called little giant . I have bought model BE-S50 https://www.littlegiant.com/products/sump--effluent-pumps--systems/non-submersible-effluent/be-series/ The older pump is exactly same model. Just that the pump is called Monarch Industries.
  7. Asker123

Ok Thanks. I will try to talk him out of using Unions. For the Check valve being on input side, the new pump's manual says that there is an in built check valve inside the pump housing on intake side. That is why I was wondering if we can move that external check valve on the output side to...
  8. Asker123

Hello, My Septic Pump takes Grey water from my Septic tank and drains into Septic field approx. every 12 hours. It runs for 7 minutes each time. It is time to change the pump. My experienced friend in plumbing is suggesting to introduce Union ( is it also called coupling?) on both input and...
  9. Asker123

Comprehensive water test - Help building a water system

Taking 15 GPG , 15 x 5 people x 60 Gallons per day x 7 days Regen frequency gets you 31500 Grains Capacity requirement which if we take 6lb per cubic feet salt consumption puts you to 1.5 cubic feet softener need. I dont know about Carbon filter. I let other members comment.
  10. Asker123

Comprehensive water test - Help building a water system

Your total hardness in GPG is 8.3 for July sample and 15.3 for March sample. Many city water have this 8.3 level of hardness, not sure if 15.3 GPG is common hardness level for city water. They have big water treatment plants. What for you want to put the carbon filter? For Chlorine?
  11. Asker123

Fleck 5810SXT bizarre behavior

How does the Reserve capacity work? When all the gallons provided by the valve after Regen are consumed, valve will add 180 gallons ( in the example above) and then when all the 180 gallons are consumed , it will regen. Lets say your Regen time is 2 AM and if 20 Gallons left at that time, the...
  12. Asker123

Fleck 5810SXT bizarre behavior

5810 SXT has definitely something weird about it. Read my following thread. 5810 SXT once threw error 4 on me and filled my brine tank with lots and lots of water. Luckily powering down and replug fixed its settings but I had to deal with extra water...
  13. Asker123

*** Solved*** Troubleshooting my new 5810SXT softener. Running out of soft water too quickly?

How much iron your softener deal with? Have you considered that? Just curious how upflow piston is different from downflow ( I got the same model downflow) My softener when new sat in my basement ( resin filled in the cylinder and sealed at the top for 10 months. It is working just fine. you...
  14. Asker123

How much Citric Acid and how to apply?

I have bought bulk Citric Acid and will start application from next Regen approx coming Sunday. Question - Do Phosphoric acid based cleaners like Rescare do anything differently or cleans different things from the Resin which Citric Acid will not do? I am trying to understand whether I should...
  15. Asker123

Fleck 5810 SXT settings help!

I have same system Aqualux pro 2.5 cubic feet. Its doing well. Just that Fleck5810 SXT is not considered very relaiable on this forum. Mine is running for last 5 months. Just once it gave me error code 4 and filled lots of water in brine tank. It cleared out when I disconnected and connected...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks