Recent content by Arktikos

1. Arktikos

New to forum with a major submersible pump problem

Okay on further examination I found the ground fault! It is right under the well head cap. Now we have a nice even 6 amps on each leg! Thanks so much Reach4 for your help in finding this issue and saving me from pulling the pump. My brain just wasn't getting a handle on this one..
  2. Arktikos

Just checked amps on the bad leg with the fuse pulled on the good side. Drew around 12.5 amps. This may suggest the nick in the wire somewhere and nothing to do with the pump.
  3. Arktikos

That's a good idea, am going to try that now..
  4. Arktikos

Good morning. I went out and took more readings. Isolated both ends of the run from the disconnect to the well head. Resistance reads from well to disconnect were all "O.L" on my meter. Then I tried reading from the motor leads to the well casing which just made the meter dance around. My...
  5. Arktikos

I will give that a try in the morning. Thanks for your help!
  6. Arktikos

Well that would certainly be nice but when I separated the line from the house from the leads to the pump at the well head I energized the disconnect and took an amp reading and got zero on both legs. Thinking about what if it is intermittent ground fault. What if it only grounds out when the...
  7. Arktikos

Yeah, this is where I am confused too. I measured the resistance from each hot to ground right at the well head where I lifted the feed to the house off. I was trying to isolate if the problem was above ground or below. I suppose it is possible the ground wire wasn't hooked up down at the pump...
  8. Arktikos

Hi everyone, new here first post so a small intro is in order. I am retired, live in a very small and isolated community in SE Alaska and am building a home here to relax and catch halibut and salmon etc etc and did I mention relax? Anyway the wife and I are doing everything ourselves on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks