Recent content by andyo

1. andyo

Water Around Top of Well Casing, Pressure Fine

Reach4 your #2 point is perfect. If there's a leak the pump would cycle no matter what. It would think it needs water in the tank when its leaching out from somewhere before the tank. The pump has the ground wire issue but not the symptom you pointed out.
  2. andyo

22" of the well casing is exposed above ground and the water is a few inches from the top. When the inspector pulled the cap off it rose all the way to the top with a slight bit of overflow. Cap went back on and dripped from all sides. Pump tested at 31/50 psi and a ground wire leak detected.
  3. andyo

I appreciate all the detailed replies. Knowing that water is at the surface being normal would put me at ease. Bacteria and water pressure are ok and pass inspection. Pressure I feel could still be normal despite a leak if the pressure from the water source is strong enough to keep the well cap...
  4. andyo

I agree. The seller used the word artesian and everyone has been thrown off since. Bacteria and pressure tests are good. Still something doesn't seem right. I feel taht just bc pressure is good that doesn't mean there isnt a leak somewhere. The well is capped so overflow is where?
  5. andyo

Looking at buying a house in this same situation with the water on the surface of an artesian well. No one that has inpected it really knows what theyre talking about and they all say its ok. Not once have they told me the difference between a artesian and dug well. Ever get it sorted out? Im...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks