Recent content by andrew caldieraro

1. andrew caldieraro

Are "shower filters" worth it?

I was curious if any of the shower filters make a noticeable difference? I get white build-up in my dishwasher, and the tap water tastes pretty bad, but I've never had it tested (I'm on city water). If they do anything at all, any recommendations on which shower filter to get?
  2. andrew caldieraro

Picking a water softener system

That is a possibility. I do live in a subdivision where I'm sure they were trying to cut costs.
  3. andrew caldieraro

Unfortunately, the plumber wasn't really sure what the problem was. He was a fairly young plumber probably in his upper 20s. He said he had not seen this before. I am wondering if it was adefective piece of copper?
  4. andrew caldieraro

Regarding the copper pipe leak, it wasn't at a solder joint. It was in the middle of a pipe. I know type L copper was used in my house. The leak in the copper pipe may have had no relation to the water quality, I can't really say. Do I need more tests to determine which water softener would...
  5. andrew caldieraro

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is what I've come up with: http://www.collinsvilleil.org/docs/water/CCR2015.pdf
  6. andrew caldieraro

I'm considering a water softener for my house. I've never ran any tests on the water coming into my house, so I don't know any specific details. My house is 3000 sq ft. It has 2.5 baths (two showers, two tubs, 6 sinks). I do get "white" spots all in my dishwasher and on dishes and my showers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks