Recent content by AlGreen

1. AlGreen

Leaking Cold Water/Beverage Faucet

Yep, it's one of those 10" filter housings. So sounds like repair of the current faucet isn't an option, and I should look for a new one. Even though I don't have an RO system, it seems that the type designed for that is ok, since that's what I have now, i.e. one line and no air vent. Is that...
  2. AlGreen

Thanks guys. The faucet was here in the house when we moved in six years ago. No marking on it that I can see. It has a single line of plastic tubing running to it from a filter inline with the cold water in the basement. (Not RO.) I've been looking for replacement faucets, but it's been...
  3. AlGreen

The faucet for our filtered water is wet where the spout meets the base. As you can see, it's been this way a while, hence the corrosion. Is there an internal washer at the leaking point that can be replaced? Trying to find out before I bother taking it apart vs. just buying a new faucet.
  4. AlGreen

Lennox Blower Motor Issue

I replaced the motor and cap earlier today. I'm going to leave the speed for AC as it was. Thank again for your help.
  5. AlGreen

Thanks guys. WorthFlorida: The second floor furnace is directly above the master bedroom, so keeping the noise down may have been part of the reason why the installers decided to use the low-speed tap for the AC. We have two Carrier Infinity units for house, with the second floor one being a 2...
  6. AlGreen

Is is possible that when the AC was installed (Carrier Infinity 24ANB6), the tech purposely connected the low-speed motor tap to the ACB Cool terminal on the control board to get the right CFM for the system?
  7. AlGreen

I know the motor side of the wiring is a keyed plug that can only be connected one way, but it's the control board side of the harness where the wires are individually plugged into the various terminals that's connected incorrectly. We've lived in this house for about six years, and I always...
  8. AlGreen

The cap is good. But I'll replace it and the motor at the same time. One thing I'm wondering about: It appears that the old motor has the red wire for the low speed tap connected to the ACB Cool terminal on the control board, rather than the black wire for the high speed tap being connected to...
  9. AlGreen

Thanks. The cap tested fine, but I can try replacing it anyway. For the motor, I'd like to go with an aftermarket to save some money. My concern is that while I can match up the electrical specs, I don't know if there's any way to get the physical dimensions correct without removing the old...
  10. AlGreen

For the past several days the AC for my upstairs has intermittently not responded to thermostat calls for cooling. I have two zones, with the upstairs one consisting of a Carrier Infinity 24ANB6 central AC, an old Lennox Elite G24M2 furnace, and Honeywell VisionPro 8000 thermostat. Those times...
  11. AlGreen

Where to install hammer arrestor

The arrestor mounted under the sink (first pic) didn't stop the dishwasher water hammer when it was brand new. So unfortunately, a worn out arrestor isn't the problem. FWIW I found that my washing machine arrestors weren't very effective when I first mounted them at the supply shut-offs. Then...
  12. AlGreen

I didn't see any kinks in the line when I last looked, but I'll check again. @WorthFlorida Thanks. It's definitely water hammer. I'm not hearing the tapping noise that Blake101 was talking about in his original posts for this thread. In my case, when the dishwasher valve shuts, the pipes bang...
  13. AlGreen

Jeff Young, I think you may have mixed me up with the OP, who started this thread back in 2016. To recap, in my situation (few posts above), given that I've tried installing an arrester at the shut-off for the dishwasher and the house pressure is at a reasonable 60 psi, I'm thinking my only...
  14. AlGreen

The water pressure in my house is pretty consistently 60 PSI (just double checked it).
  15. AlGreen

Sewer backflow valve: Do I need one?

Great info. Thanks everyone for the education.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks