Recent content by alex rodriguez

1. alex rodriguez

Cast Iron Ptrap on remodel

Project complete. Thanks for all your advice. I used a fernco donut to secure the PVC to cast iron hub after removing the cast iron ptrap. Was only able to get the PVC into the donut by sanding the bottom 1” of the PVC and lubing with dish soap. Went right in after that, then connecting the PVC...
  2. alex rodriguez

Quick update: I pulled out the cast iron ptrap using a drill, chisel, and prying out the lead joint. Pulled out the oakum and then the ptrap came right out. Took me about 1-2 hours to diligently pry out all the lead and oakum. Using a fernco donut I am now attempting to secure 2” pvc to the...
  3. alex rodriguez

Thank you all. I will try the first step and see how it goes. Will keep you all updated on this project. Hoping the rest of the line is not compromised but I will see
  4. alex rodriguez

Here’s a label of the whole branch. Thank you for your input. The plan is to leave the shower trap in its same location. They want a linear drain installed towards the front. The trap is very near the vent, how far would you recommend replacing. And also, is there any advisable way without...
  5. alex rodriguez

Hi everyone. I’m located in South Florida. I’ve done a few tub conversion to shower stall before. Always ran into PVC plumbing. Have this one old tub/shower combo that was piped with cast iron pipes. Whole house is. House was built 1965. This ptrap here is not leaking, however the owner does...
  6. alex rodriguez

Cast iron p trap under slab removal

I’m dealing with this same situation right now. How did you end up converting the trap to PVC? I can’t reach far enough in my situation to cut past the trap
  7. alex rodriguez

Hot water leak

Thanks for the reply. This is a gas hot water heater. Model shown in the photo, there is only one hot outlet and the manual shows adding the T&P on this outlet anywhere before a control valve. The line in question is the single hot outlet, which then splits at the T into the pressure relief line...
  8. alex rodriguez

Hot water leak

Friend found a hot water heater leak. Leak is coming from the T at the upper and lower joints from cpvc to metal adapters. The metal to metal towards the pressure relief has no leaks. Looking for some extra thoughts on my plan of action.... looking to remove the T and replace with a cpvc tee...
  9. alex rodriguez

New Tub, Drain Leak

I didn’t fill it quite up to the overflow. I tried it tonight and it drains into the overflow fine, no leaks. Just the one at the shoe gasket.
  10. alex rodriguez

New Tub, Drain Leak

Had a new fiberglass whirlpool tub installed. Visible on the drain you can see a single drop about every 5/10 minutes come from the rubber gasket and only on one side. I filled the tub and let it sit and the leak continues, very slowly but sure enough. Ran the whirlpool jets and the leak does...
  11. alex rodriguez

What is this? In my crawl space...

Under my crawl space I see this clean out sticking up... but what is the capped part? It’s a 3”. Would this be something I could connect a drain to?
  12. alex rodriguez

PEX Question on Remodel

I’m leaving the rest of the plumbing, but would it cause any issues for me to adapt the 3/8 supply to 1/2 right before the shower valve? Here in the picture I would adapt to 1/2 and then connect the shower valve, head, etc
  13. alex rodriguez

PEX Question on Remodel

Question: Am I better off going through the trouble of finding 3/8 PEX fittings? Or should I use an adapter and change the 3ft of pipes closest to the shower to 1/2 and use the standard 1/2 fittings I can find almost anywhere ?? Background!!: So I recently bought a house in Georgia that uses...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks