Recent content by alanrudy

1. alanrudy

Will waterproofing fix this outdoor stairs problem?

Thanks for the responses. It is in California in an area with no snow/ice and not much rain either, but it looks like when it does, this will continue to be a problem unless something is done. Would something like this be a permanent solution...http://tinyurl.com/Rubber-Tread-Stairs Or...
  2. alanrudy

Will waterproofing fix this outdoor stairs problem?

Hello, I have a house built above a garage and a small living area. I have a problem with 4 of the outdoor stairs leaking into a downstairs living area and I am getting conflicting reports from two contractors. One contractor, who I thought I could trust more, is saying if he waterproofs the...
  3. alanrudy

Effective Sound management

Thanks all for the quick good responses. Jimbo, I meant a $1k difference of option 4 over option 3 would be okay, though I didn't think the project would get as high as 10k. Thanks LLigetfa and hj, just to be clear, you are recommending option 5 then of adding insulation and the 2nd drywall...
  4. alanrudy

Effective Sound management

Need some advice on effective sound removal techniques for both pipes and floor. I recently bought a two story SFR that was converted to a duplex (2 garages on 1st floor). I plan to live on the first floor (220 sq ft of living space) and rent the top floor out to save money; however the major...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks