Recent content by AlanDFW

1. AlanDFW

Delayed Single Knock When Shower Is Turned-Off

Noise is still there. mliu, number 4 should read the “plumber” thought he figure out the reason for the sound, corrected and resealed wall. He was wrong and sound remains. He’s the guy the contractor who redid the bathroom uses, so not sure of his qualifications. Might call a real plumber...
  2. AlanDFW

Mliu, I will try the cold water after a shower test tonight. I do know that if ran on cold, or ran just a short time, no noise is made which is why I believe your thermal expansion theory. The plumber was able to make the noise with the wall open, but was baffled by what it was. Wall is...
  3. AlanDFW

It is copper pipe in the wall. Sound comes from the area where the shower arm connects at a 90 degree turn with the piping in the wall and heads towards the valve. My guess was also expansion, but when the wall was opened up, they said it wasn’t touching anything.
  4. AlanDFW

It is a shower only. Sound is a single “thonk” type noise. Happens every time the shower is used. We shower at night, so always hear it as we are laying in bed at night. Just a single clank, but can’t seem to make it go away. We had the plumber back out, wall was opened up, everything is...
  5. AlanDFW

I have been searching through this forum in hopes of finding and answer, but do not seem to be able to find something similar. I recently had a new shower installed using the Moen Posi-temp valve. 10-15 minutes after I turn off the shower, there is a single knock/bang noise that comes from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks