Recent content by Akagis_white_comet

1. Akagis_white_comet

Washer drain spewed, then exploded

The drain hose is fine, no issues there. Where it links into the house plumbing (the standpipe) is okay too. There is a trap at floor level, it works fine. Where it goes BELOW that is where things went bad. First, it flooded the room. Mopped it up, then tried again and something below floor...
  2. Akagis_white_comet

Washer drain spewed, then exploded

So after replumbing the whole house's supply side and doing a one-gallon test on the washer drain (to test for backing-up leaks at the opposite end of the house), I gave my fiancee the green light to use the washer. We fire it up with a load of laundry, then go outside to do some yardwork. I...
  3. Akagis_white_comet

PVC valve + 1/2" FIP sink hose = leaks?

Here is the chart I was referring to: https://www.surpluscenter.com/images/techhelp/NPT.pdf I'm well aware of how manufacturing variances can affect the end result of number of turns or final torque. What I'm looking for is a baseline set of values to start with, and THEN add in the variables...
  4. Akagis_white_comet

Birthright Citizenship?

Here is the solution. Warning: it may be too straightforward and easy to understand for some people. 1. Are you here legally? A: If Yes: go to Question 2 B: If No, your child being born is not here legally either and neither of you have the rights of an American Citizen. There are no driver's...
  5. Akagis_white_comet

On today's adventure in plumbing, here we are back at the house. I got some transition male adapters and another bag of regular CPVC male adapters to make some nipples with CPVC threads on one end, stainless steel on the other. Nipple to Sink hose leaks all solved :) Now comes Phase 2: fixing...
  6. Akagis_white_comet

Switching/Changing a Breaker Switch

No, you cannot do so. Uprating a breaker means it will allow more current to pass along wiring that is NOT heavy enough to do the job. HOWEVER, a duplex 15A breaker will allow you to add the desired exterior outlets in the manner you wish. Unless I personally did the wiring beforehand, I would...
  7. Akagis_white_comet

Since the valves are PVC female thread, I consulted with a friend and came to the same conclusion that you did. Female threads need to match the male threads' material or be harder. Ideally, they should be the same material to prevent shearing. So... PVC female fitting + PVC male fitting = Good...
  8. Akagis_white_comet

Before putting the brass nipple(s) in place, I attempted to use Polyethylene Riser nipples (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-6-in-Cut-Off-Riser/1063721) as a test subject. They are NPT on both ends and have a wrench hex, but the sink hoses did not want to thread on consistently straight. As far as...
  9. Akagis_white_comet

Hello All, I'm Travis and this is my first post here. Coming from the world of Rotary Engines (3-rotor RX-7 owner here... ;)), I'm pretty well-versed in electrical, mechanical and plumbing when it comes to oil/coolant/fuel/etc. Since our cars use NPT connections here and there, I know how to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks