Recent content by 68AMC343

1. 68AMC343

Osmonics Autotrol 255/440i no longer using salt

When I removed the hose from the brine during Rinse or Condition Water the ball never dripped quickly IIRC. The Refill only did about 7-8 inches of water (there’s only a couple inches of salt at this point), and took about 3-4 mins. What does all of this mean? If the ball and brine level...
  2. 68AMC343

Refill went quickly, so we can safely say there’s no physical blockage in the pickup hose. I set it back to Conditioned Water, gonna run the faucet again to see if the ball level fluctuates (assuming that’s an indicator brine is being delivered?).
  3. 68AMC343

Correction: I think the brine tank is draining VERY slowly. The ball went back up and is sitting about 1/3 from the bottom now. I think the pickup hose wasn’t fully immersed since I also was cleaning the tank to check for a salt bridge. At this point I’m letting it go into the Fast Rince/ Refill...
  4. 68AMC343

Okay, the check valve ball drops when I run the Brine/Slow Rinse, and water is flowing out through the drain hose to my plumbing. However, I don’t see the brine level going down in the tank and the ball appears to have completely seated at the bottom of the small clear tank. Not sure which...
  5. 68AMC343

Can I clean injectors/screens on my own? Again, thanks for the help!
  6. 68AMC343

I ran cold water from three faucets for 15 minutes and the only thing that happened was the pressure on the well water tank would go down, then the well pump would bring it back up. Brine tank and small clear ball tank never moved. The picture has the three valves, green ON, red OFF, they are...
  7. 68AMC343

I don’t see any bypass controls as shown in the pictures. There is a round gray “dial” with a 6-point star shape (possibly for a flat head screwdriver) and a “B” at the end of one point facing the small clear tank with the elevated ball.
  8. 68AMC343

Great info! The tank does have a brine well, I'll try the suggestions and follow-up.
  9. 68AMC343

Is a "brine well" the same as the "brine tank" (which I have)? Sorry, trying to clarify all this terminology. As stated, during a manual rinse the brine does drain from the brine tank to the drain hose in the laundry tub. I'll check the valve positions in a few, but I don't recall ever changing...
  10. 68AMC343

I have an Osmonics Autotrol 255/440i softener that is no longer using salt after over two years of working fine since we moved into the home. All diagnostics appear good: the ball is at the top (no air in lines), the brine pickup hose with the filter at the tip is not blocked, the holding tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks