Zoller Versus Liberty

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by chefwong, Apr 22, 2013.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Pro's/cons of Zoeller versus Liberty in their design, build quality of the pumps.
    Looking to add one more to my stash .....either a M98 or Liberty 287. Both seem equals to me...

Looking for feedback from somewho who see's this stuff day2day
  2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

1. Zoeller used to only give a one year warranty from date of install or 18 months from the manufacture date. Then Zoeller has increased their warranty to 3 years from the manufacture date.
    2. Liberty has always given a 2 year warranty from the date of install and as of last year increased it to 3 years from the date of install.
    3. Zoeller has had issues back in the 1980s and recently with malfunctioning switches.
    4. Zoeller uses a very thin flat gasket to seal the switch housing to the pump.
    5. Liberty has not had any major switch malfunctions other than normal wear and tear.
    6. Liberty uses an o ring to seal the switch housing to the pump.

I carry two 287's on my truck.