Zoeller 50/90 Series switch is stronger than the float displacement, and not turning on.

Users who are viewing this thread

SephYuyX

Reaction score
My pump's switch got waterlogged and stopped working, so I ordered a new switch and it works as intended. The issue is that maybe it's a bit too stiff?

The float on the lever is fine, I hear no water in it, and it rises along with the water level as it should, but if it's a gentle rise in water instead of a rapid rise (no rain day vs rainy day), the float is not overcoming the force of the switch to turn it on, and the water will rise above the pump itself.

Funny enough, at that point the backup pump kicks on, which causes the water to fluctuate just a bit, then causing the main pump switch to finally switch over to take the rest of the water out.

Any ideas to make the switch a bit more sensitive?

Gagecalman

Reaction score

SephYuyX

Reaction score
I'll keep those in mind thanks.

After breaking in the switch a bit it's behaving as normal. I guess it just ships a bit stiff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks