Zeta Rod residental water treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

Waterguy

Reaction score
The Zeta Rod did not work for me!!

I purchased the Zeta Rod system about 5 years ago to use in a reverse osmosis application where the feed water had a hardness of about 17 grains per gallon. I decided to try the Zeta Rod to see if it could extend the life of the three membranes I had in the system. It failed to do so! Not long after I installed it, I had to dis-assemble and clean out the calcium deposits from the clear plastic flow meters in the system as the floats became stuck. Also, pressure drops in the system occurred after about only 2 months with the Zeta Rod in operation. Operating pressure is normally 200 PSI and not long after, the pressure dropped down to 150 PSI. The membranes were becoming fouled!! The company had to replace under warranty, two or three reaction chambers (bad threads) along with a couple of electrodes and power supplies after they had failed to operate. My conclusion of this NCD is that it failed to deliver it's advertised function in a reverse osmosis application where the water had a hardness of 17 grains per gallon. I would be very skeptical of it's successful operation in other applications as well.

I removed the Zeta Rod and received a refund from the company, and in the end, I had to install a 5 cu. ft. resin-based softener which solved my membrane fouling problems.

You can draw your own conclusions!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
zeta

The representative said he could prove it works, but he would have to bring a semi truck with at least $50,000.00 worth of equipment to do it. Testimonials from users are worthless, because even psychics get testimonials from their customers to prove they are legitimate.

Waterguy

Reaction score
Zeta Rod

I have been in the water purification business for 24 years. If you would like to purchase and try the Zeta Rod for yourself and find out that it does not work, please don't let my testimonial stop you from wasting your money!

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The Zeta Rod guy got so pissed at me on another forum that he threatened to sue me if I didn't stop bad mouthing the product. I just laughed in the face of stupidity. You can't sue a guy for telling the truth. :D

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
1. A blog is another word for a "liar's chat room". One sided, no unbiased opinions. THIS forum is open to all comers, and you are free to take someones opinion for what it is worth. But when the seller of a product runs the blog....no thanks!

2. I fully expect Billy Mays to be advertising the magnet water system soon. When he decides to sell something, people buy! There are some otherwise reputable and well known local media personalities here that hype the water system, and it is the same deal. People BELIEVE them, and we know in fact that their only knowledge of the system is purely anecdotal. "here...see how good this water tastes....wow that is good!""

Waterguy

Reaction score
Zeta

To nhmaster:

I don't think they would get very far with that!! Which forum was it? I'd like to read it.

Last edited:

Waterguy

Reaction score
Yes, the Zeta Rod system cost $1,200 for the residential model. I would guess it probably costs around $200 per unit to manufacture, if that. That's one hell of a very profitable product and enterprise!!!

climing

Reaction score
Installed Zeta Rod in 2008 when house was constructed. First unit failed. Copper pipes above water heater had to be replaced. All fixtures show scaling. Photo attached. Call Zeta Corp. and get the runaround. Simple as that.

Attachments

• zeta@2yr.jpg
    zeta@2yr.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 460

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Oh man, they is a coming after your LOL You should have used Easy Water, now there's a product that really works LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks