Zeta Rod residental water treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

blacktop37

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with this product? It puts 30,000 volts dc into the water. It will not allow any contaminates to stick to any fixtures. It sounds like the old magnet principal, but it claims to be effective. It is supposed to elimnate water softners. It also takes out dissolved solids so they do not stick to any applianes.

It costs 1200.00. We have a wter softner, it works well for calcium. The dissolved solids in the water leave build up on our toilets.

I also have water source heat pumps and I worry about scale building in them. I want to preserve my investments and i will spend the 1200.00 if it really works.

www.zetacorp.com is their web site.

thanks,

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I looked at there web site and it looks a like a scam. But I have not hard of or seen this product. I have seen some that say they do the same but don’t work.

The web site reminds me of some of the “power savers†that have a few caps to help with PF. They only work if you have a low PF.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Zrod

I just talked to the rep about it Friday, and on the surface it sounds like "voodoo science" and one problem with it is that there is no way to test whether it is working or not, so you have to take it on faith.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
blacktop37 said:
It is supposed to elimnate water softners. It also takes out dissolved solids so they do not stick to any applianes...

It costs 1200.00. We have a wter softner, it works well for calcium. The dissolved solids in the water leave build up on our toilets.

Is your water softener working? Have you tested your water?

I'm no water expert, but aren't calcium and magnesium the most common "dissolved solids" in potable water? They should be adequately removed by the softener, I would think.

Rromo

Reaction score
Zeta Rod Systems

My name is Rodrigo Romo, I am Vice President of Engineering for Zeta Corporation.
Although relatively new in the residential industry the Zeta Rod has been around for almost 15 years in industrial applications, some of our customers include the Los Angeles Convention Center and the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston TX.
There is a misconception of people calling the Zeta Rod a water softener, it is not. It is what some people refer to as a "water conditioner". The Zeta Rod does not take out the hardness out of the water, instead it changes the physical properties of scale forming particles in the water, and bacteria and prevents them from forming deposits.
We have two sites that have plenty of information ranging from case studies, to peer reviewed papers presented in international conferences, these are:
Zeta Corporation's website www.zetacorp.com/and Zeta Corporation's Zeta Rod Blog: www.zetablog.zetarod.com

Please come and visit those sites and if you still have any questions, contact us, we will be glad to address any concern.

Thank you

R.Romo

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My name is Rodrigo Romo, I am Vice President of Engineering for Zeta Corporation.
Although relatively new in the residential industry the Zeta Rod has been around for almost 15 years in industrial applications, some of our customers include the Los Angeles Convention Center and the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston TX.
There is a misconception of people calling the Zeta Rod a water softener, it is not. It is what some people refer to as a "water conditioner". The Zeta Rod does not take out the hardness out of the water, instead it changes the physical properties of scale forming particles in the water, and bacteria and prevents them from forming deposits.
We have two sites that have plenty of information ranging from case studies, to peer reviewed papers presented in international conferences, these are:
Zeta Corporation's website www.zetacorp.com/and Zeta Corporation's Zeta Rod Blog: www.zetablog.zetarod.com

Please come and visit those sites and if you still have any questions, contact us, we will be glad to address any concern.

Thank you

R.Romo

Exactly! so it is a product that doesn't do anything...
What a racket!

Rromo

Reaction score
Shoot First Ask Questions Later

Seems to be the motto of many people out ther, like Mr. "Redwood", who are quick to pass judgement on a product without even looking into it first. But then again, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
It is just amazing how many people are willing to give an "expert's opinion" in a forum like this anonymously and without any information on the subject other than hearsay.
Mr. Redwood, have you visited our sites? have you read any of the papers we have there? if you have and still don't think our product is legitimate based on some solid scientific principles or evidence, then I respect your opinion, and I would like to hear (or read) from you what are the reasons for discrediting our technology.
We have published papers in scientific journals and given presntations in engineering conferences where our data, and the content of our material is scrutinized by experts in the field. We have installations in N. America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Large multinational companies use our products in many different applications. Now, I wonder why would they do that if it was a "racket"......
Please visit our sites and read more about us, you may change your mind.

R.Romo

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Now if you could find a way to screen out those clumped up chunks of Lime & Calcium and remove them from the water that would be doing something...

Let me know when you can do that!
I'm sure we will be talking!

Last edited:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Nice web page. I don't buy any product unless I get real user feed back. Your page says there is a forum, but I found none. I see a bunch of censored info. If I'm going to buy something I want real feedback not watered down remarks from PR reps.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
um ya I know how to use a web page.
your link on the http://www.zetarod.com/res_z2o_residential.html clearly states Zeta Rod Blog offers forum for discussion of zeta related topics. When I click on the link it takes me to the blog, but no forum. The only reason I have seen a Co. do that sort of thing is when they get to many bad reviews and don't want people to know.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
rromo said:
Patrick:

you can contact me directly at rromo@zetacorp.com and I can provide you with any of the information you need. by the way, was it in the website, or the blog that you found the restricted information? we have done some recent modifications to the website and the blog is relatively new, so we would appreciate if we can get any feedback on where the problems are so we can debug.

Thank you

Rodrigo Romo

you don't have restrictions. Just no listing. I have no need to find any more info about your product. I'm sure it is a good product. Please send further messages to the main forum. Thank you patrick88

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Can I get one with lights that flash to the music like a freakin disco...
My basement is like a 70's retro decor...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The word "forum" has other meanings than we use here in Terry's "forum", which really is a Bulletin Board and that is what the software to run it is called. A blog is a "forum" for discussion and works very much like this bulletin board.

BTW, I've seen a couple of the electronic anti-scale, descaling devices work in residential applications. They left a lot of white powder all over everything the water was allowed to evaporate on. In closed loop situations I hear they work quite well.

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I also have water source heat pumps and I worry about scale building in them.

You are better off cleaning out any buildup using a week acid if it does have a problem. As far as I've been able to tell, the buildup in the heat pump builds just as fast as the buildup in the regular cold water pipes. (I.E. very slow)

Buildup is really only a problem at discharge points(faucets) where air and evaporation occur.

I also hate to say it, but there is no way to prevent buildup in a situation where the water is evaporating like that occurs around the aerator on a faucet. If there are minerals in the water, they will be deposited.

I've use white vinegar to clean buildup on things like this, but I'm thinking there are better products made for this kind of task.

The Zeta product seems to be targeted at reducing buildup in the hot water heater and swimming pool heaters. Heated water deposits scale for different reasons than what occurs at faucets and other discharge points.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Within the past six months I read a very thorough article in Water Conditioning and Purification about all these devices that use magnets or fields that claimed they somehow they changed the properties on the elements so that they would not stick to pipes.

I was very interested in this because the nuisance of loading salts, backwashing lines, etc. From what I remember, the article concluded that none of these worked or if they they worked there was no way to prove it. Save your money and your reputation was the conclusion.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
From what I remember, the article concluded that none of these worked or if they they worked there was no way to prove it. Save your money and your reputation was the conclusion.

Exactly because they do not remove the Calcium and Lime from the water...
The Hardness of the water doesn't change!
Whether or not it builds up in pipes is irrelevent... Who Cares!
I want soft water!

rev-zombies-voodoo-shop-776645.jpg

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well, because of the "massive" amount of information out there (not) on this process, this would be a great topic for Google Boy to recearch for us. However, these scams have been around a long time. Just because a salesman was able to convince a few gullible schmucks, does not an endorsment make. The problem with the entire concept is that the amount of energy that it would take to actually accomplish anything is huge. Way more that 30,000 vdc. Besides that the magnet for this device would have to be so strong (and large) it would take up most of the basement. And once the iron had been collected by the magnet there would have to be a way to remove it from the collector. The same goes for lime and scale. If you collect it, you need to remove it and this "device does not seem to have that ability. This post and another similar post on another site have (at the same time) have me believing that there is a bit of spamming (subtile though it is) going on here as well. But here's the big question. If this works so well, why don't municipal water departments use it?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If this works so well, why don't municipal water departments use it?

Could it be that no one wants to get laughed out of the room when they propose it?

Here's a thought... Maybe for a good laugh someone in a position to make a proposal to a municipal water department could do it on April Fools Day...

Maybe even have R.Romo come in and make the pitch...
Slick Powerpoint Presentation and all...
Rattle dem chicken bones... pull out the Master Plumber 101 doll and stick a few pins in...
Have a good ol' time!

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Zeta Corporation's website www.******.com
and Zeta Corporation's Zeta Rod Blog: www.zetablog.zetarod.com

Thank you

R.Romo

Mr. Romo; your very own web site claims that water softeners can be replaced with the Zeta Rod? Yet by your own admission the Zeta Rod does not remove anything from the water. So are you saying that your product will or will not soften the water? Which is really, the reason people buy softeners in the first place. Also all you literature says the zeta rod is a capacitor. As I recall a capacitor "stores electricity" , usually between two plates. Is the rod itself a capacitor and if so where and how often does it discharge? If it never discharges, what's the point? The Zeta Rod does not work as a bacteriological filter by your web site, nor does it remove iron or for that matter anything. So If I'm reading things right, the particulate is "charged" so they can't stick together and form scale. Great, but the particulate is still in the water and still comes out the fixtures every time you open the faucet. I'm sorry but this is looking more and more like snake oil all the time. One more thing. There can't be more than $ 15.00 dollars worth of parts and you're getting $ 1,200.00 Seems a bit stiff but then at that price you don't have to sell many to make a profit. There's a guy that lurks around these parts selling pipe re-lining. You should team up with him.:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks