would you use PEX?

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I use the Uponor modified manifold system where you place distribution manifolds close to the bathrooms or fixture groups served.

Seaneys

Reaction score
I'm with you. That is what I would use if I did it again.

The Wirsbo / Uponor stuff is really solid.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
If I was a plumber running a business I would probably run a lot of PEX using the Wirsbo/Uponor system. I've run a lot of PVC and some CPVC pressure systems along with ABS drainage and I would not use the PVC or CPVC for any pressure piping. My experience is that both PVC and CPVC have issues for longevity.

But I'm just a retired homeowner. I have a hot water recirculation line that I should install and if I do it will be done in copper. I couldn't begin to buy the PEX tooling for a one-shot usage (I certainly wouldn't use the Big Box tools) and I already have the tools necessary for copper. Sure, the material is more expensive but it would still be less expensive for me in the long run.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks