Would U recommend CEFIONTECT (Toto) for a rental. Does it damage easily?

Users who are viewing this thread

bnbhoha

Reaction score
Here's the thing. I'm definitely buying 6 Totos for a rental. I've read up on the CEFIONTECT finish and it looks promising. I've read some posts here that the Toto (Drake) leave skid marks sometimes. I read this thread here:
https://terrylove.com/forums/printthread.php?t=769

I am thinking that tenants will not really care to use gel or liquid cleaners in their toilets; they'll probably use whatever is cheaper and not really care too much. If they used abrasives like comet, would that really hurt the finish? If you were me, would spend the extra $$ on CEFIONTECT/CeFiONtect? Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of the 1.6 toilets leave more "skid marks" than the old 3.5 and 5.0 toilets.

Unless you can go back twenty years, then this is where we are at.

I've sold a few CEFIONTECT Drake toilets for a bed and breakfast in Seattle.
The finish is tough, but of course the less abrasive you get with it, the longer it will do it's job.

I would guess that if you use enough abrasive cleaners on it, that it could become like the other bowls.

Most of the people that own a toilet with CEFIONTECT are very happy about it and would do it again. I like to ask my customers what they think, and while the love their first Toto toilets, they say that the CEFIONTECT versions are even better. I did a CEFIONTECT poll a while back, the link is below.
CeFiONtect

CEFIONTECT Poll

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks