Wiring Tytewadd Power Filter into Panel

Users who are viewing this thread

Washer Woman

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have the Tytewadd Power Filter C-1 ready to wire into the panel before the lightning really starts up here in the hills this spring. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with installing these? The instructions say to wire the two red leads to a double pole breaker and the white to the neutral bar. We don't have a two pole breaker (all appliances are natural gas) and we have two neutral bars so... what can I wire this to so a lightning strike doesn't fry our wires.

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
You need to add a new 2P breaker for the protector. In the main panel it does not matter which neutral bar. They are the same.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
It would be best to put the new breakers as close as possible to the point the wires from the utility connect to the panel buses. Keep wires as short as possible. Lightening is a very fast rise time pulse and the inductance (think resistance for AC voltage) will lower the effectiveness of the filter a bit

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks