Wiring Solenoid Valves for Sprinkler Manifold

Users who are viewing this thread

nottick

Reaction score
Hello. I have my manifold built, valves installed. Control mounted, etc.
All I have to do now is figure out how to wire the valves to the five wires( I used a five wire jacket - four zones and common, right???)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I beleive figure 8 in this page is what I need. Is there anything else I should know?

http://rainbird.com/pdf/diy/man_CP.pdf

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Pick a color....let's say white. Call that common. At the controller, connect that to the "c" or "common" terminal. At the valves, take one wire from each solenoid ( doesn't matter which wire). Tie those all together. If the valves are not close enough, you may have to spice in extensions. Connect the white wire to that bundle.

Then at the controller, red goes to #1, blue to #2, etc. ( color code is completely dealer's choice). Same at the other end.

nottick

Reaction score
Thanks Fellows

My installation took place without any problems. Of course figuring out how to program the timer was another story - but the installation went well.. Again I owe thanks to this forum for the assistance I receive.

:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks