Wiring Solenoid Valves for Sprinkler Manifold

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by nottick, Dec 14, 2007.

1. nottick

nottick New Member

Hello. I have my manifold built, valves installed. Control mounted, etc.
    All I have to do now is figure out how to wire the valves to the five wires( I used a five wire jacket - four zones and common, right???)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I beleive figure 8 in this page is what I need. Is there anything else I should know?

http://rainbird.com/pdf/diy/man_CP.pdf
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

wires

That is about it, except to be sure to use waterproof wire nuts for the connections.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Pick a color....let's say white. Call that common. At the controller, connect that to the "c" or "common" terminal. At the valves, take one wire from each solenoid ( doesn't matter which wire). Tie those all together. If the valves are not close enough, you may have to spice in extensions. Connect the white wire to that bundle.

Then at the controller, red goes to #1, blue to #2, etc. ( color code is completely dealer's choice). Same at the other end.
  4. nottick

nottick New Member

Thanks Fellows

My installation took place without any problems. Of course figuring out how to program the timer was another story - but the installation went well.. Again I owe thanks to this forum for the assistance I receive.

:D