Wiring light switches.

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by piperca, Sep 8, 2009.

1. piperca

piperca New Member

I am wiring four switches from one source, which will control four separate locations. Since I am feeding all four switches from the same source, is there anything wrong with wiring the switches from the source in this manner?

Obviously, this is just the hot and ground, all neutrals would be tied together and the black to each location would be connected to the switch, also. I'm just trying to reduce the amount of clutter in the box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. drick

drick In the Trades

Its fine.

-rick
  3. piperca

piperca New Member

Good stuff, thanks Rick!
  4. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

That is often done to reduce clutter.

The only issue comes when you want to replace a switch....maybe install a dimmer, and there isn't enough wire to work with.

It is fine though.
  5. piperca

piperca New Member

Thanks for the insight, guys. I will never change these switches ... unless one fails, of course.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

wires

It's the way I do it with maybe a little more "loop" to the grounds to allow a bit more flexibility in spacing the switches to fit the wall plate..