Wiring light switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Piperca

Reaction score
I am wiring four switches from one source, which will control four separate locations. Since I am feeding all four switches from the same source, is there anything wrong with wiring the switches from the source in this manner?

Obviously, this is just the hot and ground, all neutrals would be tied together and the black to each location would be connected to the switch, also. I'm just trying to reduce the amount of clutter in the box.

piperca-01.jpg

piperca-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
That is often done to reduce clutter.

The only issue comes when you want to replace a switch....maybe install a dimmer, and there isn't enough wire to work with.

It is fine though.

Piperca

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, guys. I will never change these switches ... unless one fails, of course.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
wires

It's the way I do it with maybe a little more "loop" to the grounds to allow a bit more flexibility in spacing the switches to fit the wall plate..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks