Will I pass plumbing inspection? 2018 IRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Lachlan

Reaction score
Greetings. I'm a DIY'er and am working on building an off-grid home. Because of affordability, I'm going to need to do all this work on my own.
So familiarizing with the 2018 IRC, I've done my best to follow it and would like to see if someone experienced can check me off here on this system for a single bathroom and kitchen. I'm also wondering for one, if I can use an air admittance valve in the two circumstances as you'll see in the attached images. My 2" vent to roof is going to be a little too far from the lavatory sink and tub, so I'm wanting to use an AAV for that portion of the system. It code states so long as there's one rooftop vent, it should be okay to do this? The main branch is 3"diameter, the laundry drain and vent stack is 2", and all other 1.5". All advice and comments appreciated. Thank You

Sanitary.png

Sanitary2.png

Sanitary3.png

Sanitary4.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
tub needs to be vented s trap wont pass. kitchen line should connet to main downstream of the horizontaly vented fixtures (Toilet)

Lachlan

Reaction score
tub needs to be vented s trap wont pass.
That makes sense. I'll need to think about the correct way to do the trap. Probably just drop it, and place it into a horizontal combination wye?
So far as the aav, would the position in diagram below work? My walls aside from the vent stack location are all CMU, so this is why it's been difficult to adjust the layout.
s-l500-723.jpg

kitchen line should connect to main downstream of the horizontally vented fixtures (Toilet)

Seems easy enough. I'd imagine this is because the vent should always be above stream of whatever is draining into it compared to downstream?

Thanks Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks