Whole House Soft Water System

Users who are viewing this thread

sixgun95

Reaction score
Need recommendations for a whole house soft water system. House is 2700 sq ft, only 2 live here but I want it sized for 6. I want to buy a good system that will last and is automatic. System recommendations?

Last, any plumber / installer recommendations in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area?

Have had 2 water softner companies come out, Im no plumber but the salesman didnt seem to impress me on how they would install the system. Additionally the system themselves seem pretty bottom shelf and over priced so I decided to look for a good plumber and purchase a system.

Thanks.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can guess which two companies sent salesmen out. LOL Anyhoo, I agree with Gary here in that grossly oversizing based on what you think may be in the future is probably not a good idea. At any rate you need to do a water test first to see what you need and go from there.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Agreed, oversizing is not a good idea but... I would recommend a 2.5 cu. ft. softener, with Phoenix and Sctottsdale averaging 20 GPG hardness, you will meet a good middle ground for size vs. efficiency. With 2 people, the system will regenerate approximately every 16 days, but the system can be set to override that to every 14 days. If the family grows, your regeneration frequency will drop to approximately every 6 days, still well within the efficiency standards. You could also go with a twin alternating softener that has no concern for capacity or usage, it will simply regenerate only as often as needed. This is a more expensive and complex piece of equipment, and I would only recommend it if you are unable to hit the 5-6 days between regeneration mark without going to excessively sized equipment due to very large households, or very hard water. I sent youa PM with the phone number of an old freind of mine who is a local installer, he sells the 7000SXT, Clack, and other systems. He is not a salesman so no high pressure garbage, or fancy demonstartions, just the facts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks