Where to buy Flexcon

Users who are viewing this thread

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a Flexcon tank for outside use and the new Smart Tank pressure system. I did some searches on the net and I do not see anyone selling this stuff. Anyone know of a good site I can order these two items from?

Also, can the Flex-Lite FLS composite tank be used outside?

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Flexcon Industries
300 Pond Street
Randolph, MA 02368-2661

Tel: 781.986.2424
Fax: 781.986.2029

45 sec on a google search.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Flexcon won't see you anything directly. They sell through distributors only. You are thinking along the right line. You just need a Cycle Stop Valve if you want the original and the best constant pressure system that everyone else is trying to copy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Only if it was that simple. :D Now try and buy from them. :eek:

got_nailed said:
Flexcon Industries
300 Pond Street
Randolph, MA 02368-2661

Tel: 781.986.2424
Fax: 781.986.2029

45 sec on a google search.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Valves are sized to the pump, not the tank. We need horse power and GPM of the pump, or a model number, and depth of well and static water level. Then we can help you out.

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Wow, I am in trouble then. The well was dug before I bought the land and the previous owner is in the big house and will not be out for a very very long time. :eek:

I can get the model number, but I do not it is a Sta-Rite above ground pump. I am pretty sure it is a 2 inch well, but I know little more than that. When I go to my place tomorrow I will get the model number if my memory does not fail me. :confused:

Maybe I will just buy two tanks and go with that. :eek:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been on vacation and have had a real hard time getting on line for a week now. My emails from the last week are forever stored on my machine at work and will be there until I get back as I can't get my Remote Desktop to work.

The Flexcon metal tanks work very well in the weather. We sell a lot of them here in Florida and they hold up very well.

I would stay away from the Smart Tee/tank design. It has a union that can break and could be a problem. I would get the tank alone and the CSV like Valveman suggested.

bob...

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Problem is I cannot get the CSV since I do not have any information on my well.

Oh and I forgot to get the pump model number. My brain does not work. Sad thing is I drive right by it when I go to the house.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If your pump is a submersible, it should be fine. Where is the valve going to be? In a basement, crawl or outside somewhere?

bob...

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Pump is above ground about 1000 feet from the house. The tank sits right next to the pump. Well was already on the property so I decided to use it and save 6k.

Speedbump

Reaction score
In that case a CSV may not help a bit. It all depends on how well your pump produces water to the tank and house. If it loses pressure as opposed to gaining when your using water a CSV won't help at all.

bob...

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
My pressure pretty much sucks all the time. I have a galvanized tank and that is why I wanted to try a bladder tank to see if it will help. I figure if the tank is larger or if I go with two tanks I will have better pressure longer.

So you think I would be good with one tank or two?

I have 6 people in my home.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It's hard to say. With a jet pump, you can't expect to have great pressure, especially with the pump and tank 1000 feet away. What size pipe is feeding the house from the pump? That is a source for friction loss unless the pipe is sized very large.

bob...

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Pipe is 3/4 to the house. I do plan to put in a well closer to the house, but that is not happening for a good year.

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Okay, I put on my memory cap and got the model number of my pump.

It is a Sta Rite MSE-6 on a 2" well. No clue how deep the well is, I cannot figure out who installed it either since the guy is serving time.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It must be comforting to know your pump guy is in the Pokey.

The MSE is a one horse two stage Sta-Rite. A good pump, but a little expensive. However it will make good pressure if the water is available from the well. Your 3/4" pipe is going to be the big problem.

bob...

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
Well I guess the good part is I am needing to run new line from my well to the house as the old line passes through my neighbor’s property. Figures! :mad:

So, I am guessing it would be best for me to upgrade to a 1 inch pipe or should I go bigger? Should I run cpvc or is there something better for a 1,000 foot run?

So what kind of PSI should I set the well cut-in and cut-out? Right now I have it set at 40-60.

Nitrors4

DIY Member
Reaction score
One more question, about how deep of a well could that pump handle?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Without the friction loss chart I'm not sure what size would be the best. Then the gpm has a a lot to do with it also.

The MSE will get you water up from around 150 feet. Some books say more, some say less. In my experience 150 is a real bugger to get primed and working. Well depth doesn't matter, it's the water level that matters.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks