Where is the pressure switch?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by jb1, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jb1

jb1 New Member

I have and underground pressure tank and need to know where the switch is usually located when the tank is buried? The switch is not buried also is it?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

As I understand it, the pressure switch should be installed close to the tank or you end up with erratic control.
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Your switch may be buried with the tank which is not good. Look where the water enters your home and see if there isn't a switch there some where. I would suggest you move the tank and switch inside the house if possible.
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

The switch could be in the well casing. I'm not fond of buried tanks either, and if the switch is not fairly close to the tank, it will tend to hammer and send spikes of voltage to the motor. This is not a good situation. I like Cass's suggestion, move the tank and switch to the basement/crawl space.

bob...