where can I get 5in chrome nipples?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Lakee911, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

C'mon get your mind out of the gutter. :)

I'm looking for a 5in straight shower arm or 5in chrome nipple with escutcheon for my rainfall shower head (in a low ceiling). Locally I couldn't find one so I polished some galvanized iron pipe (quick fix for now) but then I found that a chrome escutcheon with a set screw was too small to slide over it. Any ideas on where to find a widget that might work?

Thx
    Jason
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

chrome

That may be the one size chrome nipple that Home Depot carries.
  3. Lakee911

Lowes doesn't carry it. I hate Lowes--it's in my backyard almost. HD is 25min away. :( I'll give HD a try next time I'm out there.

Thanks,
    Jason
  4. Kristi

Kristi Tradesman Plumber

lol... ONLY 25 MINUTES to HD??? Why the unhappy face, it takes me longer than that to get to my downtown home when I can see it from the road! Mind you, there is always traffic where I live... but it's just funny that if I ever know that it's going to take 25 minutes to get somewhere, I'm ecstatic about it...!
  5. teamo

teamo New Member

The Lowes near my house carries the chrome nipples in 5 inch size.
  6. Lakee911

Boy oh boy ... I live in the city and most everything is closeby. Takes me 10min on a bad day to get to work too ;) Found out they're building an orange box only 10 mins up the road from me!

Jason