When Staples Won't Work...

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Verdeboy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

I'm running some outdoor Romex (UL 12/2 UF-B) and I need to support it on some 4x4's that must be pressure treated. Some of the insulated wire staples I am using are just bending when I hammer them in. Is there an approved screw-type clamp for this situation or will any (appropriate-sized) nylon cable clamp be okay?
  2. Bassman

Bassman DIY Member

Unless you have many to hammer in, cheap and easy is to pre-drill for the staples. Only an extra couple of seconds for each.
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Have you done that? It seems to me that for an overhead run, the staples would eventually start to pull out.
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Well, I bought some super heavy duty staples and hammered the heck out of them, and they didn't bend. Problem solved.