What pressure for air testing copper?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by seaneys, Feb 10, 2008.

1. seaneys

seaneys New Member

Hello,

I'd like to pressure test my vertical spa installation (lots of fittings). It has held 40 PSI for 4 hours.

What is the recommended air pressure and set time for air testing copper? The valves are installed. I did not want to risk over pressurizing the valves.

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

100psi for 30 minutes here
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

test

The valves are rated for 150 psi working pressure and no common compressor is allowed to exceed about 125 psi, so you couldn't damage the valves.
  4. seaneys

seaneys New Member

Thanks a ton! The max pressure was exactly what I was just scratching my head about.