What is the name of this kind of tub spout and looking for a replacement (slip on?)

Pick one

• Coca Cola

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford Fiesta

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Caccaco

Reaction score
Here is what I took off the wall, its a nice all in one unit which is just secured with a single hex screw on the bottom there near my thumb:

moen-3931-old-01.jpg

And here is what the pipe on the wall looks like, it is 2.5" long, non threaded:

moen-1931-old-02.jpg

I would like to get a brushed nickel replacement but what I saw in Home Depot all needed adapters and such. I messed around with this one model, which needed an adapter: https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Un...702X/100344525 Unless I was looking in the wrong place I couldn't find anything like the one I was trying to replace.

Is it possible to just buy a premade one, like the one in the first picture, where I can just slip it on and tighten a screw? For the one I removed it had a single hex screw at the bottom to tighten and release. The Home Depot one had me lining up things, punching screws through plastic, and trying to screw things into place. I want an all in one solution.

The way the replacement I got had to be secured with a pointed screw (which is pointed to pierce the plastic) scratched the copper which got me worried that if I did any more I would end up cutting it and then I would be in a world of trouble. Also when trying to screw in the spout I heard a loud noise when trying to tighten it and the adapter piece came off the copper pipe. I am taking that thing back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
EZ FLO sells slide on spout ($5 wholesale).
If your local HD doesn't have a thing like this, I'm sure you can buy one in other stores of or a plumbing supply outlet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What you have is just a plain slip-on spout. WHat may complicate your life is the fitting on the pipe...it would depend on how recessed the thing is in the new one. SOme expect the pipe to be solid to the wall so the seal and fitting are too close, and it wouldn't slide all the way to the wall before hitting the fitting.

The alternative is to get a screw-on one. Delta makes a hybrid one where you solder on a fitting, then screw the new spout to the fitting. On that type, the seal is an O-ring (like the one you have).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks