What could be the reason..

Users who are viewing this thread

rojamz

Reaction score
for low pressure in showerhead? Recently bought a 5 year old house and ONE of the showerheads pressure is real low. Tried changing showerheads, no help. When head is removed, pressure is good. No calcium buildup either. When I remove the showerhead and put it back on, the pressure is good for a couple of uses, then pressure dwindles.....what can be done about this?

abnorm

Aerial Photographer
Reaction score
Information from an earlier post:

........rojamz has a single handle MIXET shower valve..........

(On another forum I have suggested to him that he change the cartridge.......) Doug

rojamz

Reaction score
Plumber2000 said:
Remove the flow restricter out of the shower head, you can see it when looking into it, pick will help remove it.

Thanks plumber2000. I'll try that.

rojamz

Reaction score
abnorm said:
Information from an earlier post:

........rojamz has a single handle MIXET shower valve..........

(On another forum I have suggested to him that he change the cartridge.......) Doug

Doug while I appreciate your advice when I inquired about my OTHER shower, I really dont need you to add additional info to my posts. I was asking this particular question about ANOTHER showerhead in my home, NOT the same one that was having the possible cartridge problem. I do have more than one shower in my home. If you had bothered to ask that before you responded on my behalf, you would have known this. If I need you to add to my posts, I will let you know. Until then, dont find the need to add anything to the questions I'm asking on this forum or any other. I can handle THAT one myself. If anyone giving me advice needs additional info on what brand etc, I can provide them with that info. Not being nasty, just letting you know.

Last edited:

abnorm

Aerial Photographer
Reaction score
Sorry.....So what is the brand of THIS faucet

Ya know I'm not a plumber.........the problem sounded like the Mixet......I have owned a "couple".......

.......and your other BobVila post/problem that Lonny-the-Plumber helped you with indicated a mixet............he's a friend over here also :)

My old Mixet cartridge tended to "creap" and was easily fouled by debris.......removing, cleaning and reinstalling the cartridge solved some of my problems.......the fix was replacing the old cartridge........

did you think to remove the showerhead and check when the pressure was LOW ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks