What could be the reason..

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by rojamz, Apr 21, 2005.

1. rojamz

rojamz New Member

for low pressure in showerhead? Recently bought a 5 year old house and ONE of the showerheads pressure is real low. Tried changing showerheads, no help. When head is removed, pressure is good. No calcium buildup either. When I remove the showerhead and put it back on, the pressure is good for a couple of uses, then pressure dwindles.....what can be done about this?
  2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

Remove the flow restricter out of the shower head, you can see it when looking into it, pick will help remove it.
  3. abnorm

abnorm Aerial Photographer

Information from an earlier post:

........rojamz has a single handle MIXET shower valve..........

(On another forum I have suggested to him that he change the cartridge.......) Doug
  4. rojamz

rojamz New Member

Thanks plumber2000. I'll try that.
  5. rojamz

rojamz New Member

Doug while I appreciate your advice when I inquired about my OTHER shower, I really dont need you to add additional info to my posts. I was asking this particular question about ANOTHER showerhead in my home, NOT the same one that was having the possible cartridge problem. I do have more than one shower in my home. If you had bothered to ask that before you responded on my behalf, you would have known this. If I need you to add to my posts, I will let you know. Until then, dont find the need to add anything to the questions I'm asking on this forum or any other. I can handle THAT one myself. If anyone giving me advice needs additional info on what brand etc, I can provide them with that info. Not being nasty, just letting you know.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  6. abnorm

abnorm Aerial Photographer

Sorry.....So what is the brand of THIS faucet

Ya know I'm not a plumber.........the problem sounded like the Mixet......I have owned a "couple".......

.......and your other BobVila post/problem that Lonny-the-Plumber helped you with indicated a mixet............he's a friend over here also :)

My old Mixet cartridge tended to "creap" and was easily fouled by debris.......removing, cleaning and reinstalling the cartridge solved some of my problems.......the fix was replacing the old cartridge........

did you think to remove the showerhead and check when the pressure was LOW ?