wellpump noise throughout the house

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by d_butka, Aug 18, 2013.

1. d_butka

d_butka New Member

My house is on a slab. My well pump is not noisier than most, but I would like to isolate the noise from the rest of the house.
    I assume a flexible hose right after the pump/ tank would do it. Would appreciate suggestions.
  2. craigpump

craigpump Member

Convert to a submersible, you will never hear the pump again.
  3. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades

I like to hear my pump when it runs, You know when you have problems.

It may be time to find out why it runs long enough to bother you.
  4. Smooky

Smooky Member

My well is about 130 ft from the house. I have a submersible pump down in the well and I can hear it when it comes on. The sound travels through the water I guess because the pipe is PVC from the well to the house and then changes to copper. I mostly hear it when I am in bed with my ear against the bed. Like Don mentioned I know I have a leaky toilet flapper or the wife left the spigot dripping when I hear it in the middle of the night.