Well-X-Trol Tank Size

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by garro14, May 24, 2013.

1. garro14

garro14 New Member

May 24, 2013
    Prosser, Washington
    I have a 3/4 HP submersible pump that pumps 10 GPM and my pressure switch is set and 30/50. I currently have an old (1993ish) flotec 50 gallon bladder tank that I pretty sure is waterlogged. I drained all the water out turned off the pump and checked the air pressure. Nothing. So I aired it up to 28 psi. It won't last long so I'm going to get a new tank. I've done research and it seems the well-x-troll tanks are the best. Should I get the 44 gallon or the 62 gallon?
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    Popcorn time! :)

Or you could use a 4.5 gallon size tank with a Cycle Stop Valve, and actually solve the problem that caused the bladder to break in the first place.

See this graphic for how it works.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement