Well Water is Orange

Users who are viewing this thread

Miller

Reaction score
Our water stopped running throughout the entire house on March 31. We tried a few low cost solutions and had water again. Finally on April 16th the water stopped working completely. My husband and father-in-law replaced the well pump on April 18th and all seemed to be back to normal; however, on April 30th our water neutralization system kicked on to do its routine back flush while my aunt was showering. The water lost pressure then started running an orange/brown/red color. My husband then went to Home Depot and purchased a GE Heavy-Duty Household Water Filtration System. Our water was running clear again however the filter was full of dark orange water and sediment with little pressure. The water wouldn't even run when the neutralization system was back flushing but at least we had clean water. Yesterday, we had the company listed on the neutralization system tanks come in to take a look at things. He drained one of the tanks and suggested that we get a different type of filter to improve the water pressure. My husband went back to Home Depot purchased a less expensive filter that was supposed to allow for better pressure but the water started running a light yellow color. So, back to Home Depot we go to get the more expensive filter that causes less water pressure. After this filter was placed in the filtration system the water started running the dark orange/brown/red color that first appeared after the new well pump on April 30th. We are all out of ideas and just 100% tired of dealing with this issue. We haven’t even been in this home for a year. Our next step is calling a well company. Does anyone on here have any ideas as to what could be happening?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Whole-house water filters are not a good solution (as you are finding out).

Normally one would start with a water test to determine what is in the water.

If a higher volume pump was installed or the pump was set too close to the bottom of the well, either of those things could contribute to your problem.

Anytime equipment has been removed/installed/replaced inside a well, the well should be sanitized and tested before using the water for drinking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks