Well Water Cloudy

Users who are viewing this thread

mirrorfinish

Reaction score
A few days ago my water pressure dropped severely in the house but the water was still clear. The pump was running even though there were no water on in the house and the pressure gauge was maxed out. I replaced the pressure switch but that didn't fix the pump running constantly. I noticed that the two filters that I have under the house were caked with mud around them. I then found a crack in a pipe 1 inch above the pump. So I fixed that as well and replaced the filters. My water pressure is normal and pump runs normal too, but my water is cloudy. When running it in the tub the water looks muddy. When I run it in a glass cup it looks cloudy but nothing separates. The water has always ran clear but now it doesn't. What is it and how do I fix it?

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
likely from that hole which was disturbing the well. being as u fixed it.. i would think the more water u run, the quicker it should clear up.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Sometimes a heavy draw will clear it up. Other times it will stir it up. If one method doesn't clear it up, then other will.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks